The GAMA Trade Show Recap
Columbus, OH, March 25, 2014 - On behalf of the GAMA Board of Directors, the GAMA Retail Division, and the GAMA staff, we want to thank all of our attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors for another successful GAMA Trade Show!
We had another great year of growth at GAMA Trade Show and that is a direct result of all your support!
This year’s show attendance grew again! I know everyone wants to see numbers so here are this year’s totals:
|Unique Retail Stores
|Unique Retail Badges
The seminar programming grew again this year. I am very excited to see this portion of the show growing!
- The Premier Presentations were well attended, with a majority reaching over a hundred retailers per session.
- The New Store and Manufacturer Orientations continue to be a benefit to new attendees with over 40 new stores getting to know the GAMA Trade Show.
- The Manufacturer’s track in its second year had 65 people connecting with resources, meeting and learning from experienced manufacturers.
- The new Build Your Business program for retailers proved popular with over 80 people in attendance.
- Also a new addition to the schedule, the Game Designer Track received excellent feedback and over 40 people were able to learn from some of the best designers in the business. It will be returning in 2015 on Monday evening.
The exhibit hall had a great vibe and provided a great chance for networking and establishing new business contacts. This is always important and very exciting for our members and attendees!
It is the unique interaction on such a grand scale that makes the GAMA Trade Show a great industry event. A special thanks to Greg Leeds of Wizards of the Coast for the Keynote Address and to Dean Haglund as our Master of Ceremonies at the GAMA Dinner. A big thank you to all of our sponsors: Wizards of the Coast, Mayfair Games, Cryptozoic, Konami, Paizo, Games Workshop, Upper Deck, Impressions, WizKids, Alliance Game Distributors, PSI, AEG, Wyrd Miniatures, Bushiroad, Fantasy Flight Games, Catalyst, Iello, Japanime Games, Steve Jackson Games, IDW Games, Enterplay, Arcane Wonders, ACD Distribution, GTS Distribution, Southern Hobby Supply, PHD, and ICv2 for supporting the show.
We hope you enjoyed your time with us in Las Vegas and don’t forget to mark your calendars for the GAMA Trade Show - March 16-20, 2015!
Thanks again to everyone for all of your support and we look forward to seeing you at next year’s show!
John Ward, Executive Director, GAMA
Give us your feedback!!
Please take a few minutes to fill out our GTS Show Evaluation Form. We want to hear from you about how we did and how we can do better.